9. Communities of Practice
- 9.1 Forums and Communities
- 9.2 Individuals
- 9.3 Public Media Web Resources
- 9.4 General Social Media Resources
- This is an iMA NING site dedicated to discussion social media and sharing findings from iMA’s recent work with IBM around station use of social media.
- Mediashift is a site set up by PBS that is all about digital media, and how it affects society and culture. It also includes articles and tools about how to use social media more effectively in public media, and relevant studies and topics about digital media.
- This is the “station products and innovation” blog from PBS. It provides resources to stations about social media, technology updates, and upcoming tools for stations to use.
- Senior Strategist at NPR/online community organizer
- Executive Director of PBS Mediashift and Idea Lab
- This is a list of some articles by IMA about using social media more effectively
- American University center for social media, this site has tons of articles, case studies, and other resources on using social media for public media
- A blog created by Mark Briggs with new people and tools for use in public media.
- Pew Internet & American Life project regularly releases reports on research around the use of the internet and social media by the American public.
- A website with tons of social media tools, tutorials, how-tos, and help guides